Please spread news about GSOC to universities you know

От Josh Berkus
Тема Please spread news about GSOC to universities you know
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
All,

If you have any connection to a university in your area, I strongly urge
you to send them the news about PostgreSQL participating in Summer of
Code to see if we can get applications from students.

Here's an example letter you might send to a professor you know:

=================================

I wanted to let you know that Google Summer of Code is opening to
student applications soon.  The PostgreSQL project would be interested
in getting an __name_of_school__ student interested in working on
PostgreSQL for the summer.

If you haven't done GSOC before, these are grant-funded internships,
paid for by Google, developing Open Source code.

http://www.postgresql.org/developer/summerofcode/
http://google-melange.appspot.com/gsoc/homepage/google/gsoc2012

Student applications start March 26th.  Please encourage your students
to apply!

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.