Re: Upgrade questions

От John R Pierce
Тема Re: Upgrade questions
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 03/14/12 12:53 PM, Scott Marlowe wrote:
> Note that if you don't need a lot of storage you can often use 300G
> 15k SAS drives which are around $300 each. 20 of those in a RAID-10
> gives you ~3TB of storage which is plenty for most transactional
> applications.

I'm actually using 25 x 146gb 15k SAS2 as we didn't need space, just
speed, so the 20xraid10 is 1.4TB.   most of our database tests to date
have been in the 50-100GB range.   and they shread at IOPS.  the
controller and/or IO channels seems to bottleneck somewhere up around
1.2GB/sec sustained write, or at about 12000 write IOPS.

afaik, the HP P411 raid card is a LSI Logic megasas2 card with HP
firmware, the hardware is equivalent to the LSI 9260-8i.   the HP
firmware is somewhat less annoying than the LSI megacli stuff.