Re: How to find compiled-in default port number?

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: How to find compiled-in default port number?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 03/13/2012 02:16 AM, Виктор Егоров wrote:
> Greetings.
>
> Is there a way to find out the compiled-in port number?
>
> I can parse `pg_config` output to check out port in cases port was
> actually specified.
>
> However if defaults had been used, is there any tool that will tell me
> the magic 5432 number
> or should I silently stick to this number in my scripts?

Not sure if this is what you want?:

This from Postgres 9.0.7.

test=> SELECT current_setting('port');
  current_setting
-----------------
  5432

test=> SELECT inet_server_port();
  inet_server_port
------------------
              5432

Be aware for inet_server_port() to work you have to connect in a method
other than Unix local socket. In other words something like:

psql -d test -U aklaver -h localhost

More information here:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/interactive/functions-info.html

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/interactive/functions-admin.html