Re: Calling Functions With OUT paramaters

От Raymond O'Donnell
Тема Re: Calling Functions With OUT paramaters
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 29/02/2012 15:51, David Greco wrote:
> I have a function definited as such:
>
> CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION address_pkg.parse_zip(IN cpostal character
> varying, OUT czip character varying, OUT czip4 character varying)
> LANGUAGE plpgsql;
>
> How does one call this from another plpgsql function? Currently, I am
> using something of the form:
>
> SELECT * INTO cZip, cZip4 FROM Address_pkg.Parse_Zip(postal_code);
>
> But, I am not a big fan of this. Is there another way?

What's wrong with that?

But to answer your question, I don't think there is... within pl/pgsql
you have to SELECT INTO, or if you want to discard the result then you
do PERFORM instead.

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell :: Galway :: Ireland
rod@iol.ie

Сообщение: Re: Privilege on schema 'public' not revokable
Сообщение: Re: Privilege on schema 'public' not revokable