Re: Problem with initdb and two versions on one server?

От Rainer Pruy
Тема Re: Problem with initdb and two versions on one server?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello Chris,

can not provide much help.

But definitely the message sounds like case (1) (8.3 server accessing
7.4 files)

I did encounter such with two occasions:

a) used an old initdb version
b) using an rc script that had hard coded path to the (old) data directory

both cases seem not to apply in your case.

BTW: you may check  PG:VERSION file(s) in data directories to
verify what version those directory are claiming to be.

Rainer