Re: Regular expression character escape

От Ronan Dunklau
Тема Re: Regular expression character escape
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 24/02/2012 17:09, Heiko Wundram wrote:
> Am 24.02.2012 17:04, schrieb Ronan Dunklau:
>> On 24/02/2012 16:38, David Johnston wrote:
>>> You could (should?) write the escaping routine on the server side in
>>> a user-defined function:
>>>
>>> WHERE some_col ~ ('^' ||
>>> make_regexp_literal(user_submitted_stringliteral) || '\d*$')
>>
>> I totally agree, but I hoped I could use an already existing function
>> without having to read the whole spec to figure what should and should
>> not be escaped.
>
> Use the corresponding function of your programming language/framework of
> choice. E.g. Python delivers this as re.escape().

Thank you, but as I wrote in the original post, I don't know how
postgresql and python differ in their regexp syntax. Specifically, I
know that re.escape escapes any non-alphanumeric character, including
accented letters.

If you have any evidence proving that everything will work fine with
re.escape, I'll be more than happy to use it.

--
Ronan Dunklau