Re: Postgres 9.1 package for i.MX51X processor from Freescale

От John R Pierce
Тема Re: Postgres 9.1 package for i.MX51X processor from Freescale
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 02/15/12 7:00 PM, Jayashankar K B wrote:

> Is there a ready postgres 9.1 Package for the i.MX51X processor (ARM
> Cortex architecture) available or do I need to compile the Postgres
> source myself ?
>
> I need it for a board having the i.MX51 processor and Linux (one of
> the latest versions of kernel – yet to decide the exact version).
>
> If I need to compile postgres source, then what parameters should I
> use for this particular processor architecture ?
>
> Also, I am yet to find a cross compilation tool chain for this processor.
>
> If any ideas, please share.

from the perspective of compiling a package like Postgres, the libc and
other libraries version is more important than the kernel

IMHO, the important things to decide at compile time are...

  * prefix directory
  * ssl support?
  * plpython?
  * plperl?
  * uuid support?

ssl, perl, python, and uuid will all require the appropriate runtime
libraries.