Re: pgsql_fdw, FDW for PostgreSQL server

От Shigeru Hanada
Тема Re: pgsql_fdw, FDW for PostgreSQL server
Дата
Re: pgsql_fdw, FDW for PostgreSQL server  (Shigeru Hanada <shigeru.hanada@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
(2012/02/13 20:50), Etsuro Fujita wrote:
> The patches have been applied, but role-related regression tests failed
> in my environment.  I fixed it in a similar fashion of
> /src/test/regress/sql/foreign_data.sql.  Please find attached a updated
> patch for the regression tests.

Good catch, thanks.  I'll revise pgsql_fdw tests little more.

> BTW, What do you think about this?
>
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2012-01/msg00229.php

I'm sorry that I've left the thread unfinished...  I've given up to
propose Join-push-down of foreign tables for 9.2, because it will take a
while to achieve general semantics mapping for join push-down and WHERE
clause push-down.  For 9.2, I'm proposing pgsql_fdw which has WHERE
clause push-down for built-in elements which are free from collation.
I'd like to go back to that item after 9.2 development enters beta or
RC, hopefully :)

--
Shigeru Hanada