Re: random_page_cost = 2.0 on Heroku Postgres

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: random_page_cost = 2.0 on Heroku Postgres
Дата
Re: random_page_cost = 2.0 on Heroku Postgres
Список pgsql-performance
On 2/9/12 2:41 PM, Peter van Hardenberg wrote:
> Hmm, perhaps we could usefully aggregate auto_explain output.

The other option is to take a statistical approach.  After all, what you
want to do is optimize average response times across all your user's
databases, not optimize for a few specific queries.

So one thought would be to add in pg_stat_statements to your platform
... something I'd like to see Heroku do anyway.  Then you can sample
this across dozens (or hundreds) of user databases, each with RPC set to
a slightly different level, and aggregate it into a heat map.

That's the way I'd do it, anyway.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.