Re: initdb $PGDATA not working

От John R Pierce
Тема Re: initdb $PGDATA not working
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 02/09/12 2:38 PM, Daniel Vázquez wrote:
> YES.... /etc/sysconfig/pgsql/postgresql-9.1
>
> I'm using /etc/sysconfig/pgsql/postgresql like in 8.4 ... my fault ...
> is like some overunderstand ... but no doc about it.

whatever the name of the /etc/init.d/postgres** script is, it uses that
same name in the /etc/sysconfg/pgsql directory.

so if you want to run 2 copies of 9.1, cp /etc/init.d/postgresql-9.1
/etc/init.d/postgresql-9.1B and then create
/etc/sysconfig/pgsql/postgresql-9.1B  and put your port, and data
directory in there, and poof, like magic!