Re: Progress on fast path sorting, btree index creation time

От Jim \"Decibel!\" Nasby
Тема Re: Progress on fast path sorting, btree index creation time
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2/6/12 3:19 PM, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>> >  While we're waiting for anyone else to weigh in with an opinion on the
>> >  right place to draw the line here, do you want to post an updated
>> >  patch with the changes previously discussed?
> Well, I think we have to ask not only how many people are using
> float4/8, but how many people are sorting or creating indexes on them.
> I think it would be few and perhaps should be eliminated.
I agree that it's probably pretty unusual to index floats. My objection
was on the assumption that float8 is valid but float4 isn't. If we are
going to provide a fast-path for one then we should do it for both if
for no other reason than least surprise.

--
Jim C. Nasby, Database Architectjim@nasby.net
512.569.9461 (cell)http://jim.nasby.net

От: Jay Levitt
Сообщение: Re: Bugs/slowness inserting and indexing cubes
От: Jay Levitt
Сообщение: Re: Progress on fast path sorting, btree index creation time