Ownership problem

От Scrap Happy
Тема Ownership problem
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Hi,

[Annoying that there aren't *easy* ways to cut and paste all of this!
Even dialogs that *should* -- or DO! -- present the information seem
to prevent selecting the "static" text therein for a "Copy".  So,
blame any of my typos in transcribing this on that...  :< ]

Client: 1.14.1 (2 Dec 2011 REL-1_14_1)        Windows XP Pro SP3 (with updates from several months back)

Server: PostgreSQL 8.4.6 compiled from Visual C++ build 1400, 32bit        localhost:5432

User:   postgres (!!)

I stumbled on the following using the "point and click" interface.
But, to clarify what I was doing, at the time, I've cut and
pasted the contents of the "SQL" tab here, in each case (one
"command group" issued at a time):

---------8<----------8<-----------  CREATE DATABASE "Play"    WITH ENCODING='UTF8'         OWNER="SomeoneElse"
CONNECTIONLIMIT=-1;

.  CREATE SCHEMA "Example"         AUTHORIZATION "SomeoneElse";
.  CREATE TABLE "Example"."Association"  (  )  WITH (    OIDS = FALSE  );  ALTER TABLE "Example"."Association" OWNER TO
"SomeoneElse";
.  ALTER TABLE "Example"."Association"     ADD COLUMN id bigserial;
---------8<----------8<-----------

Yields this result from SQL "Messages" tab:

---------8<----------8<-----------
NOTICE:  ALTER TABLE will create implicit sequence "Association_id_seq"         for serial column "Association.id"

ERROR:  sequence must have same owner as table it is linked to

********** Error **********

ERROR: sequence must have same owner as table it is linked to
SQL state: 55000
---------8<----------8<-----------

Repeating the same effective operations in a slightly different order:

---------8<----------8<-----------  CREATE DATABASE "Play"    WITH ENCODING='UTF8'         OWNER="SomeoneElse"
CONNECTIONLIMIT=-1;

.  CREATE SCHEMA "Example"         AUTHORIZATION "SomeoneElse";
.  CREATE TABLE "Example"."Association"  (     id bigserial  )  WITH (    OIDS = FALSE  );  ALTER TABLE
"Example"."Association"OWNER TO "SomeoneElse";

completes with no problems.

Of course, I can (reasonably) easily work around this. But, I
suspect there is probably "a little something" missing, somewhere.

I didn't notice this problem with 1.12 -- but, I may have been
doing things differently, at that time (no incentive to reinstall
that *just* to test this)

(No doubt logging in as "SomeoneElse" would be the best "PTF".  :> )

Thanks!
--don