Re: MS Access easier with PostgreSQL or MySQL?

От Gavin Flower
Тема Re: MS Access easier with PostgreSQL or MySQL?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 30/01/12 11:27, gvim wrote:
I want to use MS Access 2007 as a front end to a more robust/FOSS database. Which is more compatible - MySQL or PostgreSQL? Unbiased answers please :-).

gvim

Well I have done searches on the Net 3 times since I first came across PostgresSQL in 2001, and each time it came out faster and more reliable than MySQL. I have done some DBA work and programming in both MySQL and PostgreSQL, and I find PostgresSQL much easier to use.

My background in databases started on a mainframe in a COBOL environment, and I have had experience with Oracle and PRGRESS on a large UNIX system about 12 years ago..

I am the software architect and chief programmer (currently the only one) for a JEE system to set up a virtual clinic for training purpose in Optometry, and I have chosen PostgreSQL as the backend over MySQL (which is in use on another system where I work).

So I would definitely recommend PostgreSQL!

Cheers,
Gavin