Re: PG migration policy

От Sim Zacks
Тема Re: PG migration policy
Дата
Список pgsql-general
You are moving to a dedicated server for a reason, most probably
performance.
The intro section of the document should discuss the reasons you are
moving and what you hope to accomplish.

Hardware - The discuss the new platform that you are moving to, in terms
of how it will perform better. Important aspects are memory, disk speed,
RAID set up, cpu (not so much).

Server Configuration
Include:
* Kernel compile options
* params such as shmmax
* file system chosen

Postgresql Configuration:
List each option you are going to change and values you are planing on using

Backup strategy
How often backups will be taken, where they go, if there is an offsite
plan, how often restores are tested.

HA strategy
What are you plans if the server dies.

You should also have a test server where you can test changes without
affecting production. It should have the same configuration as the primary.