Re: Postgress is taking lot of CPU on our embedded hardware.

От Mark Kirkwood
Тема Re: Postgress is taking lot of CPU on our embedded hardware.
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
If you can batch the inserts into groups (of say 10 to 100) it might
help performance - i.e:

Instead of

INSERT INTO table VALUES(...);
INSERT INTO table VALUES(...);
INSERT INTO table VALUES(...);

do

INSERT INTO table VALUES(...),(...),...,(...);

This reduces the actual number of INSERT calls, which can be quite a win.

Regards

Mark

On 28/01/12 07:30, Jayashankar K B wrote:
> Hi Heikki Linnakangas: We are using series of Insert statements to insert the records into database.
> Sending data in binary is not an option as the module that writes into DB has been finalized.
> We do not have control over that.

Сообщение: Re: Postgress is taking lot of CPU on our embedded hardware.
Сообщение: Re: Postgress is taking lot of CPU on our embedded hardware.