Re: JDBC Driver in Glassfish 3.1.1

От Petra Systems
Тема Re: JDBC Driver in Glassfish 3.1.1
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Inconsistent drivers was my concern also and I thought I got rid of that
problem and did a clean and build on all modules.  I will check the
actual jars and not just the data in Netbeans.  I have seen some strange
things from Netbeans.

Regards,

Rich Rutkowski
Petra Systems
1-888-513-3026
petrasys@mindspring.com
rich@salepointdata.com

On 01/25/12 23:59, Mikko Tiihonen wrote:
> On 01/26/2012 07:41 AM, Petra Systems wrote:
>> Hi:
>> Below is the environment and a definition of the problem and other
>> details. If this is not the proper location to post please advise.
>>
>> 1) Application Server is Glassfish 2.1.1 (problem was also observed
>> with 3.1.1) running on a Solaris 10 x86 (AMD) with a ZFS file system.
>>
>> 2) Database Server is Solaris 10 x86 (AMD) running postgres 8.2 with
>> a UFS file system.
>>
>> 3) The ear file consists of an Applet, a war file and an ejb jar. All
>> have been built with Netbeans 7.1 using JDK 1.6. The application run
>> environment is listed
>> by Netbeans as EE 6. There is something strange in that the EE
>> environment for the war file is listed by Netbeans as J2EE 1.4.
>>
>> 4) This application has been running for years with the postgres
>> database on the same server as Glassfish.
>>
>> 5) When the database is remote the jndi lookup works but the
>> ds.connection(userid,password) fails. The connection pool is setup
>> with an XADatasource and ping is
>> successful. Also, Netbeans can connect to the remote database and so
>> can pgAdmin.
>>
>> 6) The exception thrown is not an SQLException and I added some more
>> catch statements to try to unwind the exceptions. See code and stack
>> trace attached.
>>
>> 7) The application is using EJB 2.1 technology with Bean Managed
>> Persistence which currently is our preferred approach. The inability
>> to make the connection
>> occurs in both servlets and entity beans. The jndi lookup works but
>> the ds.connect does not.
>>
>> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> What is your jdbc driver version (in the jar/war/ear)?
>
> The lowest exception seems to be:
> java.lang.AbstractMethodError:
> org.postgresql.jdbc3.Jdbc3Connection.getClientInfo()Ljava/util/Properties
> that the com.sun.gjc.spi.jdbc40.ConnectionHolder40.init is trying to
> invoke.
>
> The getClientInfo was only introduced in jdbc4.
> So my guess is that you have jdbc3 driver and you have configured a
> jdbc4 pooling on the server.
>
> If you upgrade to latest jdbc4 driver does it work?
>

>> Regards,
>>
>> Rich Rutkowski
>> Petra Systems
>> 1-888-513-3026
>> petrasys@mindspring.com
>> rich@salepointdata.com
>>

>> On 01/24/12 04:04, Dave Cramer wrote:
>>> There should be no reason it would not work.
>>>
>>> Dave Cramer
>>>
>>> dave.cramer(at)credativ(dot)ca
>>> http://www.credativ.ca

Сообщение: Re: JDBC Driver in Glassfish 3.1.1
Сообщение: Re: JDBC Driver in Glassfish 3.1.1