Re: Suggestions for first contribution?

От Stas Kelvich
Тема Re: Suggestions for first contribution?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 05 Sep 2016, at 20:25, Christian Convey <christian.convey@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi guys,
>
> Can anyone suggest a project for my first PG contribution?
>
> My first two ideas didn't pan out:  Yury doesn't seem to need help
> with CMake, and the TODO list's "-Wcast-align" project (now deleted)
> appeared impractical.

There is also a list of projects for google summer of code: https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/GSoC_2016

That topics expected to be doable by a newcomer during several months. It is also slightly
outdated, but you always can check current state of things by searching this mail list on interesting topic.

Also postgres have several internal API’s like fdw[1] or gist[2] that allows you to implements something
useful without digging too much into a postgres internals.

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/fdwhandler.html
[2] https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/gist-extensibility.html

--
Stas Kelvich