Re: How do you change the size of the WAL files?

От John R Pierce
Тема Re: How do you change the size of the WAL files?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 01/09/12 10:45 AM, rama wrote:
> Due to the small file size I see thousands of files being generated and it
> takes for ever to list thousands of files from archive directory which
> stores 2 days worth of files. Sizing of WAL logs should be left to the
> choice of people using the software. Limiting to a very small random 16MB
> size isn't a good design.

16MB isn't that small of a file, if htey were 8K or somethng, I'd see a
problem.     One issue is, when the checkpoint timeout occurs, it starts
a new WAL file whether the current one is full or not.  if the file size
is larger, more space would be wasted.