Re: URGENT: temporary table not recognized?

От Steve Crawford
Тема Re: URGENT: temporary table not recognized?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 01/06/2012 03:12 PM, Phoenix Kiula wrote:
>> Sounds like you are using statement pooling - every statement can be
>> assigned to a different server connection. You may need transaction pooling
>> or session pooling:
>>
>> http://pgbouncer.projects.postgresql.org/doc/usage.html
>

> Thanks Steve. YES! I changed it to transaction pooling and now it works.

But Marko is correct. If you were using:
begin;
create temporary...
\copy
commit;

and if your pooler was set to statement then you should have seen an error.

Are you by any chance routing stderr to /dev/null or otherwise hiding
messages? If you are using "psql.....2>/dev/null" then everything would
*look* the same with pooling set to statement or transaction but you
would be blissfully ignorant of the errors.

Cheers,
Steve

От: Phoenix Kiula
Сообщение: Re: URGENT: temporary table not recognized?
От: Steve Crawford
Сообщение: Re: URGENT: temporary table not recognized?