Column not wide enough for data

От Guy Rouillier
Тема Column not wide enough for data
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
I wanted to copy a table to another table, so I started by getting a
count of the rows in the source table.  The result of "select count(*)
from xxxx" came out like this:

count
bigint
------
26569

Based on that, I concluded that a straightforward "insert into yyyy
select * from xxxx" would suffice and be done in no time.  So I started
running that and then went on to something else.

About an hour and a half later, I realized that query was still running.  I thought that can't be right, so I cancelled
theoperation and

reissued the count.  This time, I expanded the column and discovered the
actual count was

count
bigint
------
26569440

Since this count query produced a single column result, there is plenty
of room to expand the column on initial display.  Is there a way to tell
PgAdmin to expand the column to fit the data?  I could not find such an
option.

Thanks for such a great tool, I appreciate the years of effort that some
people have put into it.

--
Guy Rouillier

Сообщение: Re: pgAgent STDERR and Time Zone Questions
Сообщение: Re: pgAgent STDERR and Time Zone Questions