Re: will the planner ever use an index when the condition is <> ?

От Roxanne Reid-Bennett
Тема Re: will the planner ever use an index when the condition is <> ?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On 12/18/2011 1:31 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
> If you have a specific case where that's not true, you might consider
> a partial index (CREATE INDEX ... WHERE x <> constant). But the
> details of that would depend a lot on the queries you're concerned
> about. regards, tom lane

Which I had tried in the form of (st_geometrytype(location) <>
'ST_Point'::text)... planner never picked it (for the scenario given
before).  But this thread was all pretty much .. design/plan/future use.
This specific instance I've handled with   in
("ST_Polygon","ST_MultiPolygon").

Thank you for the feedback.

Roxanne