Re: [SQL] JDBC Statement.setQueryTimeout : is there plan to implement this?

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: [SQL] JDBC Statement.setQueryTimeout : is there plan to implement this?
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
On 15/12/11 00:13, David Fetter wrote:

> Do we have some ideas as to what strategies the Oracle and Microsoft
> SQL Server drivers do?  As I recall, the MS-SQL Server ones used to
> use a Timer thread, although that may have changed.  Are there other
> relevant drivers whose behavior we should look to?

I can't currently help with that one. Time permitting I'll see if I can
grab their express editions and find out, but it's going to be hard to
justify doing that on work time as I don't need this functionality, and
personal time is currently insanely busy.

I've popped a question up here:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8514725/obtaining-a-java-util-timer-or-equivalent-in-a-javaee-friendly-way-that-works-on

to see if I can get some broader input on the issue of portable timers.

--
Craig Ringer