Re: Shared memory usage in PostgreSQL 9.1

От Christoph Zwerschke
Тема Re: Shared memory usage in PostgreSQL 9.1
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Am 04.12.2011 15:17, schrieb sfrost@snowman.net:
> Didn't see this get answered...  The long-and-short of that there aren't
> any negative consequences of having it higher, as I understand it
> anyway, except the risk of greedy apps.  In some cases, shared memory
> can't be swapped out, which makes it a bit more risky than 'regular'
> memory getting sucked up by some app.

That's how I understand it as well. So the solution is to calculate an
upper limit for the shared memory usage very generously, since it
doesn't matter if the limit is set a couple of MBs too high.

-- Christoph

Сообщение: Re: Shared memory usage in PostgreSQL 9.1
Сообщение: Re: Shared memory usage in PostgreSQL 9.1