Re: PostgreSQL 9.0 and asynchronous replication through VPN

От Edson Richter
Тема Re: PostgreSQL 9.0 and asynchronous replication through VPN
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Em 30-11-2011 11:17, John DeSoi escreveu:
> On Nov 30, 2011, at 5:02 AM, Edson Richter wrote:
>
>> I assume that the OpenVPN got disconnected for a few seconds, and came back again.
>>
>> My question is: assuming I have enough wal segments on Master side, does the Slave get synchronized automatically
afterthe connection is reestablished, or I'll need to restart Slave PostgreSQL to put it in sync again?

>> If I restart Slave PostgreSQL, I get:
>
> Yes, it automatically catches up when the connection is working again. You should not have to restart the slave.
Thanks! Would be a nice improvement if when replication is restablished,
then a log message occur.

Regards,

Edson.

От: "Tomas Vondra"
Сообщение: Re: Strange problem with turning WAL archiving on
От: Rodrigo Gonzalez
Сообщение: Re: Strange problem with turning WAL archiving on