Re: includeifexists in configuration file

От Euler Taveira de Oliveira
Тема Re: includeifexists in configuration file
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 16-11-2011 02:28, Greg Smith wrote:
> By recent popular request in the ongoing discussion saga around merging the
> recovery.conf, I've added an "includeifexists" directive to the
> postgresql.conf in the attached patch.

I'm not following the merging recovery.conf thread but isn't it worth emitting
at least an WARNING message when the file does not exist?

Something like

WARNING:  could not open configuration file "/foo/missing.conf", skipping

Let's suppose a DBA is using this new feature to include some general company
recommendations. If (s)he mistyped the name of the file, the general
recommendations will not be applied and the DBA won't be even warned. That's
not what a DBA would expect.

--   Euler Taveira de Oliveira - Timbira       http://www.timbira.com.br/  PostgreSQL: Consultoria, Desenvolvimento,
Suporte24x7 e Treinamento

От: Dimitri Fontaine
Сообщение: Re: Core Extensions relocation
От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: Minor optimisation of XLogInsert()