Re: Cannot dump 8.4.8 database using later versions

От Andreas Lange
Тема Re: Cannot dump 8.4.8 database using later versions
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On 2011-11-15 v46 01.43, Josh Berkus wrote:
>>> ... somehow the query to dump the sequences is getting mangled.  Any
>>> clue how?
>> Seems you have a sequence called "new";  seems we don't handle that
>> well.
> So, tested this some more.  For some reason, 8.4's pg_dump would
> recognize NEW as a reserved word and quote it before dumping.  9.0 and
> later pg_dump does not.  Any ideas?

Funny, I was about to write a bug report regarding this...

'new' was reserved in 8.4, but not in 9.0/9.1. It's reserved in SQL
1999, 2003 & 2008.
(http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/interactive/sql-keywords-appendix.html)

You can have a 8.4 DB with a 'new' column and dump it with 8.4 tools.
You can have a 9.x DB with a 'new' column and dump it with 9.x tools.

However, it fails when you use 9.x pg_dump against 8.4 with a 'new' column.

    //Andreas

От: "Teun Hoogendoorn"
Сообщение: BUG #6293: JDBC driver performance
От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: Cannot dump 8.4.8 database using later versions