Re: [REVIEW] Patch for cursor calling with named parameters

От Yeb Havinga
Тема Re: [REVIEW] Patch for cursor calling with named parameters
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2011-10-15 07:41, Tom Lane wrote:
> Yeb Havinga<yebhavinga@gmail.com>  writes:
>> Hello Royce,
>> Thanks again for testing.
> I looked this patch over but concluded that it's not ready to apply,
> mainly because there are too many weird behaviors around error
> reporting.

Thanks again for the review and comments. Attached is v3 of the patch
that addresses all of the points made by Tom. In the regression test I
added a section under --- START ADDITIONAL TESTS that might speedup testing.

> On the documentation front, the patch includes a hunk that changes the
> description of DECLARE to claim that the argument names are optional,
> something I see no support for in the code.  It also fails to document
> that this patch affects the behavior of cursor FOR loops as well as OPEN,
> since both of those places use read_cursor_args().

The declare section was removed. The cursor for loop section was changed
to include a reference to named parameters, however I was unsure about
OPEN as I was under the impression that was already altered.

regards,
Yeb Havinga

Вложения