Re: where clause + function, execution order

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: where clause + function, execution order
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On 11/11/11 15:54, Julius Tuskenis wrote:
> On 2011.11.11 17:38, Sorin Dudui wrote:
>> I have the following function:
>>
>> CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION xxx(text)
[snip]
>> LANGUAGE sql STABLE

> Function execute plan is prepared when creating it, so the "where"
> clause should check the function result not altering its execution..

Not true for SQL functions. They can be inlined, but I'm not sure if
this one will be.

What does EXPLAIN ANALYSE show for this query?

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd

Сообщение: Re: where clause + function, execution order
Сообщение: Re: where clause + function, execution order