Re: Predicates not getting pushed into SQL function?

От Jay Levitt
Тема Re: Predicates not getting pushed into SQL function?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Tom Lane wrote:
 > Please don't send HTML-only email to these lists.

Oops - new mail client, sorry.

 > Anyway, the answer seems to be that inline_set_returning_function needs
 > some work to handle cases with declared OUT parameters.  I will see
 > about fixing that going forward, but in existing releases what you need
 > to do is declare the function as returning SETOF some named composite
 > type

Yes, that patch works great!  Oddly enough, the workaround now does NOT
work; functions returning SETOF named composite types don't get inlined, but
functions returning the equivalent TABLE do get inlined.  Let me know if you
need a failcase, but the bug doesn't actually affect me now :)

Jay