Re: Add statistics_collector_listen_addresses to fix hard-coding of "localhost"

От John R Pierce
Тема Re: Add statistics_collector_listen_addresses to fix hard-coding of "localhost"
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On 11/01/11 1:04 AM, Robert Young wrote:
>> 3.Client applications hard-coding "localhost".
>> >  4.PG hard-coding "localhost".
> Since They are equivalent,the answer is obvious:
> Both #3 and #4 are wrong.

as Tom Lane already said, and I'll quote again..

> Look, we will explain this once more.  Postgres is entitled to assume
> that "localhost" means the local machine; there are Internet standards
> saying so.  On the other hand, client applications that assume the
> database server is on the same machine they are on are definitely
> broken, and need to be fixed.

anyways, this is NOT a postgresql bug, so this is the wrong list for
this discussion.

Сообщение: Re: Add statistics_collector_listen_addresses to fix hard-coding of "localhost"
Сообщение: Re: Add statistics_collector_listen_addresses to fix hard-coding of "localhost"