Re: Thoughts on "SELECT * EXCLUDING (...) FROM ..."?

От Mark Mielke
Тема Re: Thoughts on "SELECT * EXCLUDING (...) FROM ..."?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 10/31/2011 06:54 AM, Marcin Mańk wrote:
> On Sun, Oct 30, 2011 at 8:50 PM, Eric Ridge<eebbrr@gmail.com>  wrote:
>> Well, it's a "display thing" as much as any SELECT statement
>> (especially via psql) is a "display thing".  It's more like "I want
>> all 127 columns, except the giant ::xml column, and I'm too lazy to
>> type each column name out by hand".
>>
> How about an option for psql to truncate too long columns to X characters ?

I would use this option frequently... :-)

It seems more to the point of what is trying to be accomplished, and
doesn't even require a server change? :-)

--
Mark Mielke<mark@mielke.cc>

Сообщение: Re: IDLE in transaction introspection
Сообщение: Re: IDLE in transaction introspection