Re: Performance problem with a table with 38928077 record

От Shaun Thomas
Тема Re: Performance problem with a table with 38928077 record
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On 10/27/2011 02:13 PM, Robert Haas wrote:

> If I had to guess, I'd bet that the second one is trying to spool the
> resultset in memory someplace and that's driving the machine into
> swap.

That would be my guess too. SELECT * on a 40-million row table is a
*lot* different than getting the count, which throws away the rows once
it verifies they're valid.

--
Shaun Thomas
OptionsHouse | 141 W. Jackson Blvd. | Suite 800 | Chicago IL, 60604

See http://www.peak6.com/email-disclaimer/ for terms and conditions related to this email

Сообщение: Re: backups blocking everything
Сообщение: Re: backups blocking everything