Re: Updated version of pg_receivexlog

От Heikki Linnakangas
Тема Re: Updated version of pg_receivexlog
Дата
Re: Updated version of pg_receivexlog
Список pgsql-hackers
On 27.10.2011 14:09, Fujii Masao wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 7:48 PM, Magnus Hagander<magnus@hagander.net>  wrote:
>> I'm rewriting the handling of partial files per the other thread
>> started by Heikki. The idea is that there will be an actual .partial
>> file in there when pg_receivexlog has ended, and you have to deal with
>> it manually. The typical way would be to pad it with zeroes to the
>> end. Doing such padding would solve this recovery issue, correct?
>
> Yes. But that sounds unuserfriendly. Padding the WAL file manually
> is easy-to-do for a user?

"truncate -s 16M <file>" works at least on my Linux system. Not sure how
you'd do it on Windows.

Perhaps we should add automatic padding in the server, though. It
wouldn't take much code in the server, and would make life easier for
people writing their scripts. Maybe even have the backend check for a
.partial file if it can't find a regularly named XLOG file. Needs some
thought..

Сообщение: Re: Updated version of pg_receivexlog
Сообщение: Re: Updated version of pg_receivexlog