Re: new compiler warnings

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: new compiler warnings
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> I don't think the assert is a good idea.  If it ever did happen,
> that would promote the problem from "corrupted data in the log" to
> "database crash".
... on a --enable-cassert build.
If we think it's even remotely possible that it could happen, maybe
we should do the loop.  That would change the current "missing log
information" situation to "interleaved log information".
But if we think it would be better for data to be missing from the
log than interleaved, the Assert could be removed and it still
suppresses the error (at least on my machine).
-Kevin