Re: using server side cursor

От Federico Di Gregorio
Тема Re: using server side cursor
Дата
Список psycopg
On 14/10/11 12:32, thomas veymont wrote:
[snip]
> I guess I'm doing it the wrong way. There's a doc in psycopg
> about named cursors but I don't understand exactly how I should
> follow it to tie to my problem. (that is : using my existing pgpsql function
> that returns a cursor, then iterate on that cursor).
>
> any suggestion ?

Yes, use the native support for server-side cursors in psycopg. First,
don't use a procedure to setup the cursor but just pass to execute()
your SQL:

curs = conn.cursor("mycursor")
curs.execute("SELECT col FROM test")
curs.fetchmany(10) # fetch 10 rows from the cursor

hipe this helps,
federico

--
Federico Di Gregorio                                       fog@initd.org
 When people say things are a lot more complicated than that, they