Re: Adding more memory = hugh cpu load [solved]

От alexandre - aldeia digital
Тема Re: Adding more memory = hugh cpu load [solved]
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Hi,

About 3 hours ago, the client contacted the Dell and they suggested 2
things:

1) Update the baseboard firmware (the only component that haven't
updated yesterday).
2) Change all memory chips to new others, instead of maintain the old
(16 GB) + new (32 GB).

After do this, until now, the load average does not surpasses 4 points.

The I/O wait returned to hit some values and the system % down to an
average of 5%.

Unfortunatly, we will never discover if the problem resides in baseboard
firmware or in RAM, but util now the problem was solved.

Thanks all for help !

Best regards