Re: COUNT(*) and index-only scans

От Kevin Grittner
Тема Re: COUNT(*) and index-only scans
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> I think what Robert is complaining about is that we won't
> currently consider an index that matches neither any WHERE clauses
> nor ORDER BY, ie, count(*) over the whole table won't get
> considered for an index-only scan, regardless of cost estimates.
I guess the trick would be to get it to consider such plans only
under some conditions, to avoid explosive growth in planning time
for some types of queries.  Some statistics bucket for the number of
non-frozen tuples in the relation, maybe?
-Kevin

От: Cédric Villemain
Сообщение: table/index options | was: COUNT(*) and index-only scans
От: Magnus Hagander
Сообщение: Re: Bug in walsender when calling out to do_pg_stop_backup (and others?)