Re: Failure controlling PG 9.1 service on Ubuntu 10.04 32-bit

От Jack Christensen
Тема Re: Failure controlling PG 9.1 service on Ubuntu 10.04 32-bit
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 10/8/2011 1:21 AM, Craig Ringer wrote:
> On 10/08/2011 02:23 AM, Jack Christensen wrote:
>> Just upgraded a machine from PostgreSQL 9.0 to 9.1. I uninstalled the
>> old version then installed the new one.
>>
>> Whenever I try to run a service command to start, stop, or restart the
>> server it fails.
>>
>> jackc@lizard:~$ sudo service postgresql stop
>> * Stopping PostgreSQL 9.1 database server
>> * Error: Could not open /proc/2193/comm
>> [fail]
>>
>> It seems to be happening in /usr/share/postgresql-common/PgCommon.pm:542
>
> The Upstart scripts and packaging are part of Ubuntu and maintained
> separately to PostgreSQL. I suggest you file a bug on Launchpad,
> providing as much detail as you can to assist in identifying why the
> issue arose.
It looks like you were right. There was another update released over the
weekend that resolved the problem.

--
Jack Christensen
jackc@hylesanderson.edu

От: "fanlijing"
Сообщение: Re: how to save a bytea value into a file?
От: "Albe Laurenz"
Сообщение: Re: how to save a bytea value into a file?