Re: Bug with pg_ctl -w/wait and config-only directories

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: Bug with pg_ctl -w/wait and config-only directories
Дата
Re: Bug with pg_ctl -w/wait and config-only directories
Список pgsql-hackers

On 10/03/2011 06:45 PM, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>> Excerpts from Bruce Momjian's message of lun oct 03 17:28:53 -0300 2011:
>>> What is the fix?  If they started the server by using --data-directory,
>>> pg_ctl stop has no way to find the postmaster.pid file, and hence stop
>>> the server.  Are you suggesting we remove this ability?
>> I am suggesting they don't start it by using --data-directory in the
>> first place.
> Agreed.  If you remove that, the logical problem goes away and it
> becomes a simple problem of dumping the contents of postgresql.conf and
> having pg_ctl (and pg_upgrade) use that.  Let me look at how much code
> that would take.

Yeah, this pattern can be changed to have a config file that reads:
   data_directory = '/path/to/data'   include '/path/to/common/config'

and I presume (or hope) that would meet your need, and not upset the FHS
purists.

cheers

andrew