Re: Bug with pg_ctl -w/wait and config-only directories

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: Bug with pg_ctl -w/wait and config-only directories
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 10/03/2011 02:15 PM, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Andrew Dunstan wrote:
>>
>> On 10/03/2011 12:54 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>>> I was never exactly thrilled with the separate-config-directory design
>>> to start with, so I'm probably not the person to opine on whether we
>>> could get away with removing it.
>>>

>> The horse has well and truly bolted. We'd have a major row if anyone
>> tried to remove it. Let's not rehash old battles. Our only option is to
>> make it work as best we can.
> I disagree.  If people were using it we would have had many more bug
> reports about pg_ctl not working.

No, that's an indication people aren't using pg_ctl, not that they
aren't using separate config dirs.

cheers

andrew

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: Bug with pg_ctl -w/wait and config-only directories
Сообщение: Re: Bug with pg_ctl -w/wait and config-only directories