Re: pg_cancel_backend by non-superuser

От Euler Taveira de Oliveira
Тема Re: pg_cancel_backend by non-superuser
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 01-10-2011 17:44, Daniel Farina wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 9:30 PM, Tom Lane<tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>  wrote:
>> ISTM it would be reasonably non-controversial to allow users to issue
>> pg_cancel_backend against other sessions logged in as the same userID.
>> The question is whether to go further than that, and if so how much.
>
> In *every* case -- and there are many -- where we've had people
> express pain, this would have sufficed.

I see. What about passing this decision to DBA? I mean a GUC
can_cancel_session = user, dbowner (default is '' -- only superuser). You can
select one or both options. This GUC can only be changed by superuser.

--    Euler Taveira de Oliveira - Timbira       http://www.timbira.com.br/   PostgreSQL: Consultoria, Desenvolvimento,
Suporte24x7 e Treinamento

От: Andrew Dunstan
Сообщение: Re: pg_dump issues
От: Jeff Davis
Сообщение: Re: Range Types - typo + NULL string constructor