Re: : Checksum ERROR when restoring Online Backup

От Richard Huxton
Тема Re: : Checksum ERROR when restoring Online Backup
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 23/09/11 13:53, Venkat Balaji wrote:
> Linux *prod-server* 2.6.18-194.17.1.el5 #1 SMP Mon Sep 20 07:12:06 EDT
> 2010 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
>
> The server version where I restored the production backup is as follows -
> Linux *backup-server* 2.6.18-194.3.1.el5PAE #1 SMP Sun May 2 04:42:25
> EDT 2010 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
>
> I read some where that, Postgres datafiles are not architecture
> independent.

They (the WAL files) are not, and it looks like you're trying to restore
a 64-bit version onto a 32-bit server. That's not going to work. A
pg_dump/restore works of course, and if you need replication then Slony
can handle this.

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd