Re: Back-branch releases upcoming this week

От Darren Duncan
Тема Re: Back-branch releases upcoming this week
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:
> Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> writes:
>> On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 12:37 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>>> As has been mentioned a couple times, we're well overdue for updates of
>>> the back branches. �Seems like time to get that done, so we'll be
>>> wrapping 8.2.x and up this Thursday for release Monday the 26th.
>
>> 8.2 up, including 9.1.1? I'm not sure our QA guys will be able to cope
>> with verification of so many individual installers in that timeframe -
>> 8.2 - 9.0 is hard enough to do in one go.
>
> Well, all the pre-9.1 branches are definitely badly in need of updates.
> 9.1 maybe could go without at this point, but we do have one crasher bug
> and one serious memory leak fixed there, neither new in 9.1.  I'd just
> as soon not establish a precedent for not releasing the same fixes at
> the same time in all branches.
>
> How about we wrap them all, but you could let your team slip the 9.1
> update for a day or so if they need more time?  It's certainly less
> critical than the older branches.

I would prefer that all branches have synchronized patch releases as they seem
to have had in the past, and that the latest production is included, 9.1.1 in
this case, even if its change set is more minor. -- Darren Duncan

Сообщение: Re: heap_update temporary release of buffer lock
Сообщение: Re: heap_update temporary release of buffer lock