Re: PostgreSQL-related topics of theses and seminary works sought (Was: Hash index use presently(?) discouraged...)

От Vitalii Tymchyshyn
Тема Re: PostgreSQL-related topics of theses and seminary works sought (Was: Hash index use presently(?) discouraged...)
Дата
Ответы Re: PostgreSQL-related topics of theses and seminary works sought (Was: Hash index use presently(?) discouraged...)  (Cédric Villemain <cedric.villemain.debian@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-performance
17.09.11 23:01, Stefan Keller написав(ла):
> * more... ?
What I miss from my DB2 UDB days are buffer pools. In PostgreSQL terms
this would be part of shared buffers dedicated to a relation or a set of
relations. When you have a big DB (not fitting in memory) you also
usually want some small tables/indexes be in memory, no matter what
other load DB has.
Complimentary features are:
1) Relations preloading at startup - ensure this relation are in memory.
2) Per buffer pool (or relation) page costs - tell it that this
indexes/tables ARE in memory

Best regards, Vitalii Tymchyshyn.

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Constraint exclusion on UNION ALL subqueries with WHERE conditions
От: Thomas Kellerer
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL-related topics of theses and seminary works sought (Was: Hash index use presently(?) discouraged...)