Re: fstat vs. lseek

От Andrea Suisani
Тема Re: fstat vs. lseek
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
hi

On 08/08/2011 07:50 PM, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 8, 2011 at 1:31 PM, Andres Freund<andres@anarazel.de>  wrote:
>> If its ok I will write a mail to lkml referencing this thread and your numbers
>> inline (with attribution obviously).
>
> That would be great.  Please go ahead.

I've just stumbled across this thread on lkml [1]
"Improve lseek scalability v3".

and I thought to ping pgsql hackers list
just in case, more to the point they're
asking "are there any real workloads which care
[Make generic lseek lockless safe]"

maybe I've got it wrong but it seems somewhat
related to what has been discussed here and
also in Robert Haas's "Linux and glibc Scalability"
blog post [1].

[cut]

Andrea

[1] https://lkml.org/lkml/2011/9/15/399