Re: What Would You Like To Do?

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: What Would You Like To Do?
Дата
Re: What Would You Like To Do?
Список pgsql-hackers
On 09/14/2011 05:12 AM, Hannu Krosing wrote:

> On Tue, 2011-09-13 at 10:26 -0700, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>
>>> Complete isolation at the user level, allowing an ISP to support
>>> multiple independent customers on a server without having to fiddle with
>>> multiple back ends each running on a separate port, a feature that MySQL
>>> has had for as far back as I can recall, and one of the reasons ISPs are
>>> more likely to offer MySQL than PostgreSQL.
>>
>> Now this would definitely be nice. It is frustrating that we don't have
>> per database users.
>
> Hmm, what does the GUC db_user_namespace  do then ?
>
> it says "Enables per-database user names."

Last I checked (it has been a few years) that was at best, a hack. I
remember either I or David Fetter? Writing about some issues with it on
list but it was a long time ago.

JD

@cmdpromptinc - @postgresconf - 509-416-6579

От: David Fetter
Сообщение: Re: Sponsored development
От: paulo matadr
Сообщение: Re: DBI-LINK not support special support?