Re: What Would You Like To Do?

От Rodrigo Gonzalez
Тема Re: What Would You Like To Do?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 09/13/2011 04:52 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
> Rodrigo Gonzalez<rjgonzale@estrads.com.ar>  writes:
>>> In a perfect world, it would be nice if one could do combined queries
>>> linking a PostgreSQL database with an Oracle one, or a MySQL one,
>> Can't you do that with FDW that is present in 9.1?
> FDW provides the structure within which that will eventually be
> possible, but there's no Oracle or MySQL wrapper today ... and there are
> a lot of FDW restrictions that need to be worked on, too.
>
>             regards, tom lane

They are both listed at wiki
I know there are a lot of limitations....but OP message says "Even
something that is several hundred times slower is going to be faster
than merging the databases together.  When I do this today, I have to
write a program (in perl or php) that accesses both databases and merges
it by hand."
Am I wrong that this is currently possible using FDW?

Thanks

Rodrigo Gonzalez

Сообщение: Re: What Would You Like To Do?
Сообщение: Re: What Would You Like To Do?