Re: regular logging of checkpoint progress

От Andy Colson
Тема Re: regular logging of checkpoint progress
Дата
Re: regular logging of checkpoint progress
Список pgsql-hackers
On 09/05/2011 12:17 PM, Andy Colson wrote:
> Tomas, I cannot seem to see any of the patches you link here:
>
> https://commitfest.postgresql.org/action/patch_view?id=628
>
> Looks like you need to take the < > out of the messageid.
>
> -Andy

This patch seems to solve the problem of going back in time to solve a problem.  (need time stamped log files to see if
thingswhere slow because of checkpoint).

Several people thought a view or some-non-log option would be better.  Tomas replied "but I need to go back in time to
postdiagnose a problem", and I saw no replies to that.

Taking into account Noah's and Greg's "Displaying accumulated autovacuum cost" patch is also sending to logs, do we all
nowagree that this is proper way?

-Andy