Re: "invalid input syntax for type bytea"

От John R Pierce
Тема Re: "invalid input syntax for type bytea"
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 08/31/11 9:02 AM, Alan Millington wrote:
> I am running Postgres 8.4.1 on Windows XP Pro...

8.4 is currently up to 8.4.8 and you really should upgrade.    8.4.1 is
about 2 years old, and there's a long list of bugs fixed in the later
8.4 updates, see the release notes for 8.4.2 through 8.4.8 for the gory
details,
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.4/static/release.html

Any particular reason you're using ODBC and not a PostgreSQL python
binding like Psycopg ?   I find the more layers of abstraction between
your code and the outside world, the more obscure the bugs are, and the
harder they are to track down.