Re: duplicate key violates unique on a nextval() field

От Peter Warasin
Тема Re: duplicate key violates unique on a nextval() field
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi

thank you for answering!

On 30/08/11 18:56, Scott Ribe wrote:
>> But how can that happen when it is bigserial?
>
> Postgres only assigns the value if it is not explicitly provided. Any client, freeradius included, could be assigning
idsand could have bugs. Allowing pg to assign the value is safe, using nextval is safe--I'd look for client code that
triesto get ranges ahead of time & cache...

freeradius is not supplying an id.
that field is left away as it should be in order to use nextval

that renders the whole thing strange.. also because it happens only from
time to time.
it must be related to load. when the system is under heavy load
something goes wrong and 2 concurrent transactions get the same unique
id. but how??

peter

--
:: e n d i a n
:: security with passion

:: peter warasin
:: http://www.endian.com   :: peter@endian.com

От: Pavel Stehule
Сообщение: Re: out of memory - no sort
От: Rich Shepard
Сообщение: Re: COPY failure on directory I own